martes, 12 de febrero de 2008

Nadie pone Baby en una esquina

I am currently watching Dirty Dancing. I know what you're thinking, Maggie! shouldn't you be studying or learning? I would say back to you, why I can watch Dirty Dancing and learn at the same time! yes that's right, it's in Spanish and almost more wonderful than the regular version. Funny Girl was almost as amusing in Spanish is especially like it when they sing in English and talk in Spanish.
Well I'm not spending all my time watching Spanish tv, I have know finished my first week of classes with a couple of changes to my schedule. I am now taking Historia de Nicaragua, Fotografia, y Analisis y Evaluacion de Politicas Publicas. All are very interesting and a little different than I had expected. My history class probably has forty kids in it that don't really care whether or not the Professor is lecturing or not. Its a little different of a learning environment and I think I'll be depending on the book a lot. Fotografia will all be digital and only has seven students. I've only had one politicas class as its only on Saturday but I think it'll be interesting. We have to get into groups which means I'll be meeting new people.
Speaking of which, I introduced myself to a huge group of American students. They were pretty easy to spot and very friendly. They'll only be in Managua for seven weeks as they'll be traveling around the country for a little bit of a different experience than what I'm getting.
Tonight is Laura's 21st birthday so we're all going out for dinner. She doesn't drink so I don't think the fact that we're able to drink here or that she's not back home for the whole big deal really phases her. I'm not sure where we're going, but I'm sure it'll be interesting. I'll be sure to bring my camera to upload next time. I think we'll be going somewhere we haven't been before so that always gets exciting. Hopefully we'll have a good time.
Good news, it seems the heat rash has begun to relent to the power of the Baby Powder. It's slowly going away and I'm thinking (hoping) it'll be gone by next week. One good thing that came from the heat rash though, I finally taught myself to sleep on my back! It may seem a small feat but I've been working on it for a while so when I woke up this morning on my back I was really excited.
I think I'm going to try and plan a trip to Masaya this weekend, does anyone want a hammock? Apparently they're really pretty and well made there, I smell birthday presents (dad?) I've also decided to take more trips, Managua is nice and all but I would really like to see as much of Nicaragua as I can. There's also this island that I would like to visit, Corn Island. Unfortunately you have to take a plane there but I have the routine down pat and apparently its worth the hassle. I'll keep you posted on different places to hit and miss if you ever come to Nicaragua. Haha

No hay comentarios: